Executive Pastor, Ministries
Please Send Resume and Cover Letter Before August 1st, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
C4’s vision is to become a regional church of 10,000 meeting the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of people in Jesus' name. The following pastoral staff position is critical in the fulfillment of that vision.
The Executive Pastor of Ministries will have overall responsibility for Care, Prayer, Connections, Compassion, and Age/Stage ministries within C4 Church.
The Executive Pastor will provide strategic direction and ongoing leadership to these ministries. The Executive Pastor of Ministries will have a strategic voice at a Senior level and will exert visionary influence on these ministries in order to perpetuate them as the church grows.
This person will have people leadership responsibilities with a number of direct reports and will be responsible for developing future leaders within the entire portfolio of these ministries.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, and values of C4
- A strong loyalty to the leadership of C4
- Spiritual maturity to lead in a growing church environment
- A proven ability to build teams in various ministry areas
- Able to lead and function in a gift-based, large, multi-staff church at the site, department, and multi-site level
- A solution-minded self-starter who has a track record of getting things done
Primary gift mix might include leadership, administration, evangelism, and shepherding.
- Ability to see and influence the ‘big picture’ and connect the dots within diverse ministries
- A capital 'L' leader who can help grow the entire organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills across a complex team environment
- Exceptional relational and communication skills
- Preaching/teaching experience would be an asset
- Strong administration skills
- Lead and own the strategy and operations for each of the ministries
- Recruit, develop, and lead staff- both paid and volunteer
- Foster an environment that promotes implementation of C4’s discipleship process within the ministries
- Monitor ministry spending
- Recommend strategies for growth and ministry development at each of the C4 sites (currently: Ajax, Port Perry, Bowmanville. Pickering coming in 2019)
- Build healthy relationships within the senior leadership team
- Participate in regular C4 staff meetings as necessary
Education and Experience
- 5+ years as a pastor/ministry director in a large church (1,000+ weekly attendance) or multisite church preferred. Non-profit corporate work experience at a senior level also a great asset
- Undergraduate degree, plus a Bible college or seminary degree preferred